Well hello and welcome to the first ever post for the Gibson family blog! I know, it is way overdue but better now than a few years down the road! This has been on my to-do list since before Lily Kate was born... but as you know I just had too long of a list. Well I don't want to bore you with lots of "who cares" info, so I will get on to more interesting details. Since most of you are interested in Lily Kate and not Taylor and me, I will bring you up to date with what is going on in her oh-so-busy life.
Lily Kate is 6 months old! I just can not believe how time flies. Lily Kathleen Gibson was born on April 13, 2010. She has brought so much love into our lives and she is such a blessing. We thank God for her every day! Here is an overview of what 6 month old Lily Kate is up to:
* Lily Kate weighs 15 lbs 11 oz and is 27.75" long. She is in the 50 percentile for weight, the 90 percentile for length, and the 95 percentile for her head! Yes, she has a big head... but we love her anyway!
* She has learned to wave... and wave... and wave...... It is her new favorite thing to do, and she waves all the time. She waves to everybody, to the tv, to the kitties, and to herself! It is the cutest thing ever, and she even waves if she wakes up during the night.
* Baby food is not her favorite... but she suffers through it. She loves green beans and sweet potatoes. She will tolerate green peas, squash, and carrots but she hates fruit! I can't believe that she doesn't like apples, pears, or bananas and she hates peaches!
* Lily Kate usually sleeps through the night.. yay! She got shots last week and has been waking up once each night since then. Hopefully that will end soon and she will be back to sleeping all night long!
* Be ware -- she has 2 teeth and they are sharp when she bites ya!
* Lily Kate is not crawling yet! She can roll & roll & roll, and she can sit up on her own but has nooooo interest in crawling!
Here are a few random pics... I will be adding more soon~
Taylor, Rebecca, and Lily Kate