Thursday, May 8, 2014

Easter 2014 ~late~

Only a little late, but here is the recap of our Easter.  I say this every year, but Easter has become my favorite holiday.  I love how Christmas is the birth of our Savior, but how amazing is it that Easter is not just that our Jesus died on the cross, but that he arose 3 days later and is alive today!!!  Hallelujah!!!

Our weekend was so very crazy and busy and full of fun Easter festivities.  Ninnie bought resurrection eggs, so we loved going through the Easter story Friday night, and then we dyed eggs.  Taylor and I have been burdened about how holidays are so commercialized.  We are teaching our children the true meaning to each holiday first and foremost, and then letting a little bit of the bunny, santa, etc. come through.  Their knowing and having a personal relationship with Jesus is most important.  Anyway, back to the festivities...

Lucy Cullen had more dye on her than the eggs did, and we all had a great time.


Max (and Taylor) was not interested in anything that was going on Friday night.  He just wanted to sleep. He must have some Brown in him!


Saturday we went to Mt. Moriah's Easter egg hunt...


Ella, Anna Beth, and Ava Kate came too!


My Easter babies.  Thanks Juju for such cute baskets!!!



Then we flew to Clinton for a birthday party.  Watch out, here is your next pro-bowler haha...


Bowling + snow cones = a fun birthday party!



We went with Mimi to eat at Cock of the Walk.  This was Max's first time in a high chair.  Where is time going???


I love the reservoir, and want to remember this picture in my mind forever.  I love these girls so much.



We woke up Sunday morning to this...


Lily Kate kept asking who brought all of this.  She asked who stayed with her last night, and where Taylor went the night before.  She asked where I went and we told her that nobody left, we were home all night. She finally just dropped the subject and started playing with her new toys.  Not much gets past that girl!

We went to our church service and then to Mt. Moriah's cantata, and then we went and ate lunch.  After lunch, you guessed it, time for pics.


I won't even tell you how many bazillions of pictures I took at P-up's house and none of my 3 kiddos turned out worth a toot.  So when we got to our house I made them take pics again, and I am so glad I did.  I love this pic of my 3 sweet babies...


and I love this one of Mr. Max...

 

and I love this of my girlies.  I pray they are always this close.


Our babies just melt my heart, thank you Lord for them...

Happy ~late~ Easter!





No comments:

Post a Comment