Monday, January 3, 2011

Hey ya'll, it's 2011!

2010   nope!

2011

The fact that this is the beginning of 2011 just doesn't seem real.  Just yesterday I was graduating from high school and packing my bags for Copiah Lincoln Community College -- hey, it's the place to be!  And just yesterday I was going to MC to finish the degree that I should have finished 8 years ago when I started college the first go round.  And just yesterday I met Taylor while working on a group project in Business Communications.  And just yesterday Taylor and I became engaged.  Guess what, just yesterday it seems that Taylor and I got married.  Oh, and just yesterday we found out that our first baby was due on our 1 year wedding anniversary, what a SWEET SURPRISE!  Just yesterday my 8 month old baby girl was born, it seems!  It all seems like just yesterday, but in reality time flies!  Taylor likes to laugh and tell everybody that his wife was born in the 70's...  which is so long ago now that it is 2011 (yes, I am 3 years older than him... but who's counting?).  Oh my.  I am still sinking it in that I am 31 and it is 2011!

So, did you make any new years resolutions?  I did NOT!  I hate new years resolutions, and please forgive me if you disagree.  I feel like I am just setting myself up for failure...  and there are plenty of lists and things that I need to do but I don't do.  But here is what I did do. I have decided that this year I want to be more crafty.  Now I do NOT mean creative, because there are no creative bones in my body.  Not one, zilch, zero.  So by crafty I mean that I want to find things that I like, whether being decorations, or pjs, or baby stuff, etc and I want to make it myself.  Thanks to the Internet with all these DIY blogs and websites, there are tutorials and instructions out there to do and make anything!  A huge part of my list is for Christmas time, so I have plenty of days before next Christmas to practice and make perfect!  Here is a small part of my "Rebecca to make" list:

* Pjs - matching for Lily Kate and me, of course!
* Business card holders - hey, there need to be some cute ones out there!
* Burp Cloths - what a cute, easy (I hope), and economical baby gift!
* Bibs - another cute baby gift!
* Appliqued shirts for Lily Kate - one for each occasion, and even a few for everyday wear!
* Super sized snowflake decorations
* Re purpose furniture - everybody makes it look super easy to take a yucky looking piece of furniture that they find at goodwill, or a garage sale, or on the street corner and turn it into something fabulous.  They say all ya need is paint, maybe some fabric...  yeah right, this will be a hard one!

This is just a tiny sample of my oh so long, never ending, I wonder if I will ever make any of this list!  If I do get good at making something, watch out world cause it's what you are getting for Christmas!  Really, I do want to make many of this year's Christmas gifts!

Oh, and I also want to cook more.  I love love to cook.  My problem is that I just can't ever think of what to cook.  So I have been collecting cookbooks, making a list of what sounds yummy, and I have even bought some of the groceries!!!  Hey, I feel like I am already half way done by just having the ingredients -- ha!  Here are some of the recipes that I am wanting to make (not all of these are new recipes.  Some are tried and true favorites.  I just need to actually make them again, it's been so long ago!):

* Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
* Taco Soup
* Potato Soup
* Meatloaf (Which usually makes me gag, but my recipe is super simple.  No crazy, chunky stuff in this one)
* Pineapple Casserole
* Stuffed Bell Peppers (one of Taylor's favorites)
* Poppy Seed Chicken
* Tacos -- HA!  Ok, these are a weekly staple in the Gibson home.  If I make tacos once a week, I have a happy Hubby!  And how easy are tacos?!?!

The main thing on my list is to pray more.  Did you know that we are commanded to pray, and to pray about everything.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  And did you know that we are to pray for our enemies?  Matthew 5:44 says "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."  Wow!  These are just two examples of when and how we are to pray, and there are so many more.  That's on my list!  Pray pray pray 

Ok, now let me know what your resolutions are, or whatever you call your list of want-to-dos! 

Rebecca

Oh my, another blog that is not about LKG!  But you know I love love love her!

2 comments:

  1. So... I'm not big on calling it new year's resolutions either but my goal is to eat healthier, you know, the same "goal" as half the nation I assume.

    I'm loving the Christmas gift ideas! Get crafty please! Maybe you can even make cute scarves! If so, you can add that to my Christmas list!

    You should check out Mary Grace Mooney's ___?__ (don't know her married name) blog. She's very crafty and always posting "how-to" type blogs. wwww.whitewaxflower.com

    I'll join you with the PRAY pray PRAY goal! Praying for enemies is tough, but commanded of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to do all the new things you want to try this year! Sounds cute and can't wait for Christmas! I love my "K" bag! I take it to work everyday!Well, my new year's cliche' is to lose weight! haha. I hope it sticks but we will see. Love ya'll. Give LK kisses from her KK. :)

    ReplyDelete