Friday, May 13, 2011

Congrats Aunt Wee Wee!

Last Saturday Aunt Wee Wee (Whitney) graduated from Mississippi College with a degree in Elementary Education.  Of course we went!  The keynote speaker was in education, and he was actually interesting.  His speech was based around Dr. Seuss' Oh, The Places You'll Go, which is one of Whitney's favorite books!  You should have seen the smile on her face when he started!  (Not to take the attention off Whitney, but when Taylor and I graduated we had a professor from the MC Law Department and he was horrible, boring, self centered, and so much more!)

She is also excited because she will be a 2nd grade teacher in Byram this next school year.  Yay!!!  Let me just tell you that she is going to be the best teacher around.  I know I am partial to her, but she just has so much love and passion for these kids.  We need more teachers like that!


I am super sad that I didn't get any pics of her in her cap and gown, but I did get a few pics during the ceremony and quite a few afterwards.  Whitney is in the middle of this first pic.  She is sitting to the left of the girl with blue cords.  Please note that Aunt Wee Wee has white cords -- she worked super hard and graduated with honors!  Yay!





And here are a few I snapped of us in the bleachers before (ok and one during...  but please don't tell haha!)



And this is one of my favorites!  Aunt Wee Wee looks sooooo excited and relieved to be finished!



And now for pics of Aunt Wee Wee with lots of family.  Somehow Lily Kate snuck in quite a few!






This is another of my faves!  Taylor and 2 of his sisters, Whitney and Kasey (better known as Aunt Wee Wee and Aunt K K).



Ok and you know I have to throw in a family pic.  Not the best, but hey it's memories!



After graduation we had a reception for Whitney at Aunt Becky's house with even more family and friends.  And good food!  Then that night we went to eat at O' Charleys.  What a great day.  Congrats Aunt Wee Wee, we love you!







No comments:

Post a Comment