Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Old Fashion Day 2012

My mom's church, Mt. Moriah Baptist, has an "Old Fashion Day" every year where they go back to the good ole days.  It's kinda like a church homecoming, where past preachers and members come back to fellowship and reconnect.  Some of the past speakers have been Walt Grayson, Barbie Bassett, and this year was J.J. Jasper from AFR.  He was amazing, giving God all the glory even through the hardest time in his life when he tragically lost his 4 year old son.  The main point I came out of there with was him saying "I made it through the hardest day of my life, because I have lived the best day of my life".  You see, he was saved when he was younger.  He knows that even though he still grieves his son, he has Jesus.  He reminded us of the verse that Job spoke when God had taken away everything: "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."  (Job 1:21 ESV)  Wow.  In my difficult times, which do not compare to Job's difficult times, do I turn to the Lord and give Him the glory?  Something I need to work on!!!


After the service, we had dinner on the grounds.  YUM!  Let me just tell you that the ladies, and men, at Mt. Moriah know how to cook.  There was a little bit of everything, and I ate a little bit of everything.  Lucy Cullen did too!  Funny story:  When we go to eat I always make my girls take their shirts off.  I know, that's crazy and I should have them used to eating with bibs, but I don't.  Phillip has always laughed at me and told me that I am setting her up for trouble when she gets older.  Wellllll we were in line to fix our plates and everybody was just talking and reminiscing.  Lily Kate was going on and on about how she was so hungry (even though she didn't eat hardly anything).  Next thing I know, everybody around us is laughing and I look up and Lily Kate had one arm out of her shirt and was working on getting the other one out.  She knows that when we eat she takes her shirt off, and she thought she was to do the same thing at church.  I was mortified!

Now for some pics.  There were many outside games and activities, but first here are a few of my super cute and sweet girls...


Lily Kate...



Lucy Cullen...






 Lily Kate had a day of firsts.  This was her first time to ride a horse.  While waiting in line, she fell and hit her head on the corner of a table.  Sweet girl was so excited that she hopped right up and didn't even fuss.  Look at that goose egg!





oh, and here are the pics of her on the horse...



and petting the horse...


She loved the horse!  Her next first was to ride a tricycle.  P-up was helping her in the race.  While waiting in line, she noticed that Teague had a cool trike, and so she had to inspect his!



And the race is on.........
 




Well she had a great time.  She didn't even know that she came in very last!!!  She did though want to ride the cool trike, so her Daddy helped her with that race...



Last again!  Oh well, she had fun again!

Gage had fun bobbing for an apple...




and he was proud!


and he jumped rope...


My Ella boo rode the horses... 


Look at her horses mouth!!!



And she was in the hula hoop contest...


and she won!!!!!!!!!!


Of course Lily Kate had to try to hula hoop...



We all know that Taylor and Lucy Cullen like to stay to themselves, so most of the time that Lily Kate and I were playing they were off to the side playing in the grass...





but here she is being silly with Ninnie...



And here we are trying to get a family photo...




we had a blast!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment