Monday, November 8, 2010

Friend or Acquaintance?

Our morning at church yesterday was great.  Thank you Lord for blessing me with a Christian church and by sending such great messages through Mrs. Martha's Sunday school lesson and Bro. David's sermon.  Here is what I got out of Mrs. Martha's lesson during Sunday school:


Is Jesus your friend or acquaintance?  Have you ever really stopped and thought about how much you communicate with your Lord and Saviour?  Do you pray everyday, for everything, or do you wait until you need Him?  In John 14 Jesus is about to leave His Disciples, but promises to send a Counselor to be with them forever.  Who is this Counselor?  It is the Holy Spirit, who is our Counselor even today. 

John 14:15-18 says:
    
15"If you love me, you will obey what I command.  16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - 17the Spirit of truth.  The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him.  But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.  18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

So how amazing it is to know that the Holy Spirit is within us even today and makes intercession for us.  We are never alone!  So I challenge you today (as I also challenge myself) to talk and walk with Jesus daily.  Pray and thank Him for everything, ask for His guidance, let Him know what is troubling you, and have an intimate relationship with Him. 

Praying for you today!
Love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment