Friday, June 29, 2012

VBS!

I loved loved loved Vacation Bible School when I was younger, it just made my summer so much fun.  I was so super duper excited when Ninnie told me that her church was having a 2 & 3 year old class, and that I needed to bring Lily Kate.  I was also a bit sad to think that my baby is no longer "nursery" age and could go to her own class, but I got over that fast!  What a blessing it is to be able to have my babies start at such a young age learning about Jesus.

The week went great.  This year's theme was Amazing Wonders Aviation.  They "took a trip" to a different part of the world each day learning about missionaries that tell of Jesus' love.  We missed Monday because of a dentist appointment, but were there the rest of the week.  I didn't have a babysitter on Tuesday, so I went to VBS too.  I came to help in the snacks, but Lily Kate made me first go into the worship service with her.  It's about 30 minutes long and the kids sing songs, have a Bible and mission story, take up offering, and have announcements.  Lily Kate loved the music.  She moved, and sang, and did the hand motions.  Ok, maybe she moved, attempted to sing, and attempted to do the hand motions.  But none the less, she had a blast.  I walked her to class and kissed her bye.  I thought she would cling to her Mama and want me and that I would have to pry her off, but nope.  She kissed me and said "bye Mama, see ya later".  It really did warm my heart.  She got a little bo bo the first day, a wasp stung her foot.  She calmed on down as soon as Mrs. Susie gave her some magic ice cream! The rest of the week went great.  Friday Lily Kate's class got to play in water for the last part of VBS, and she loved that!

Here are pics from the VBS program that the kids did on Sunday morning.   Mrs. Susie gave an overview of the week, and each class sang a song and got a certificate.  This was Lily Kate's first program to be in!!!  Daddy, Lucy Cullen, Ninnie, Poppy, Mimi, Kasey, Whitney, P-up, Gage, Ella, and I were all there.  It was great.

Here are pics.  I hope to get a copy of Mrs. Susie's pics, as she got some great pics from the week.



One of the songs was "Say YES, YES, YES to VBS" and I still have it in my head.  Lily Kate can sing part of it too!  Her class was first, and they got to play their instruments during their song if they wanted to...

Lily Kate and her flute.  She plays it every day now, and sometimes bops Lucy Cullen with it!

Most days Lily Kate was the only girl, but that didn't bother her at all!  I think she actually loved it!

Mrs. Kim, Cooper on the floor, Jack, Lily Kate, Brently, and Mrs. April

Lily Kate really really liked Jack!

aren't they precious!

Ella's class!

Ella flying her plane...

Lily Kate was on the front row, and decided to get by the music teacher and help her with each class's hand motions!  She usually wasn't doing the right motion, but she was loving it!

Gage and his goggles!

Well the first year of VBS is over, and they all had a great time.  I can't wait until next year!  






No comments:

Post a Comment