Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rainy Kate

Hello!  I know it has been a while since my last post, and there are a few reasons for that!

1.  My camera died.  DIED.  I am still shedding tears over this.  My camera is one of my best friends and usually with me at all times.  But don't worry, I will be borrowing my mother's camera and get some updated pics.  And I will hopefully have a camera of my own very soon.

2.  Lily Kate and I have been sick.  SICK!  The sickest I have been in 10 years.  She got this horrible virus and decided to share it.  It had us down for almost 2 weeks.  No details, but I am glad that we are both over it.  Thank you Lord that Taylor didn't get it!  To those of you that prayed for us -- thank you!!!

So a little cute/funny story from today about Miss Lily Kate:

Mrs. Ann (the babysitter) is on vacation this week, so Lily Kate is with me.  Today was my first day back in almost 2 weeks, and at the end of the day I had to run some errands for work.  Both of my stops equalled new friends for Lily Kate.  She seriously doesn't meet a stranger.  First stop was to pick up some pictures I had printed and she loved the lady that was helping me.  And I saw 2 friends while there, and Lily Kate put on a show for them.  She can be so silly these days, and laughs a lot.  Second stop was to the post office and Lily Kate loved loved loved the lady that helped me with my letter.  She blew kisses and told her hey about 7 kazillion times.  The lady was super sweet to her!  While I was running these 2 errands, it was raining.  Not pouring, but a steady (and much needed) rain.  Well I have 3 umbrellas in my truck, but do you think I used any of them?  Nope.  We ran in the rain and Lily Kate absolutely loved it.  She laughed so hard that she almost lost her breath.  I wish I had it on video because it is one of the happiest moments she has had. 

Thank you Lord for the rain and how happy it made Lily Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment